Long Range Shooting Classes
March 20-21st, 2020 Intro to Long Range, Price UT --> SOLD OUT 1/16 April 17-18th, 2020 Intro to Long Range, Price UT --> SOLD OUT 2/7
Intro to Long Range - 2 Day Course $300 - 350
Designed with the beginner in mind student can expect to learn:
- Theory, Mindset, Skillset, and Equipment need to achieve precision & accuracy at long range.
- Fundamentals of Marksmanship (Body Position, Natural Point of Aim, Trigger Control, Breath Control)
- How to mount, level and torque your rifle scope & bubble level for proper fit and eye relief
- How to Zero your rifle and perform a tracking test
- How to set up and use a ballistics application to generate elevation & windage adjustment to 1000 yards +
- Day 1 will be mostly classroom with some limited range time, Day 2 will be 100% shooting.
By the end of the course, students will be able to effectively engage targets to at least 1000 yards on their own with no coaching. If time allows students may have the opportunity to shoot a 1000 yard Milk Jug Challenge and/or shoot at the 1200 yard, 1500 yard, and 1 Mile targets.
"I highly endorse Bryce and his team for the 2-day intro to long range class in Price, Utah. Bryce took this 58-year old who hadn't shot beyond 50 yards and had me hitting steel at 100-yard increments to 1000 yards...not only 1 but 2 hits with 2 shots. I am still in awe and look forward to his March or April 2020 classes to improve my skills even further. Hope to see you there."
- Cordell, Clearfield, Utah
"It's so cool to learn exactly how to shoot. I just went from a complete rookie to be hitting an 18" target at 1000 yards. This was the most fun I've had in a long, long time."
- Wally, Provo, UT
"Within 4 hours we were hitting every 100 yards out to 1000 yards. 300, 400 and 500 yards seem like nothing now"
- Jeff, Park City, UT
"There wasn't a single part of the class where I wasn't having fun and learning something new. Hearing that "ding" at 1000 yard was so awesome, I'm still grinning"
- Cade, Salt Lake City, UT
Day 1 - 8:30 am to 5 pm - Arrive at 8:30 am to get checked in, be ready to begin at 9 am. Mostly classroom with some limited range time. 1-hour break for lunch.
Day 2 - 8 am to approximately 4 pm - Range Day. 1-hour lunch break for lunch.
2 - Rifle: Must be in safe, working order and capable of shooting a ~1" or better 5 shot group at 100 yards.
RIFLE RENTALS: We have a limited number of rental rifles available. $200 Rental Package includes a rifle, optics, bubble level, sidewinder, bipod, rear bag, shooting mat and 100 rounds of match factory ammunition. Additional ammo is available for $30 per box of 20. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your rental.
3 - 150 Rounds Match Grade Ammunition: Capable of shooting a 1" or better 5 shot group at 100 yards. We can help you select and source match ammo upon request. Example: Hornady Match Ammo
4 - Quality optics with external turrets. Example: Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25 FFP ON SALE.
7 - Rear bag. Example: Medium Sand Sock Gear
9 - $10 per day range fee paid directly to North Springs upon arrival.
10 - Add an Adjustable Cheekpiece. Examples:
- Matthew's Fabrication Kydex - Use code LRSU10 for 10% OFF
- Vudoo Tactical - Version 1 or Version 2
- Purchase a new stock or chassis from us like the KRG Bravo. Email email@example.com
Highly Recommended Gear:
1 - Sidewinder or Python Drop Chart Holder puts your drop data front and center and eliminates the need to break position to read drop from your phone or notebook.
2 - Shooting Mat / Bag
- Economy Shooter's Mat/Bag Combo - $67 Amazon
- Economy Roll-Up Shooters Mat - $35 Amazon
- Premium Shooter's Mat / Bag Combo - $219-279 LRSU Website
1 - National 9 - $39/night, mention "North Springs Shooting Range"
2 - Greenwell Inn - $50/night, mention "Long Ranger Shooters of Utah"
3 - Holiday Inn Express - $99/night, mention "North Springs Shooting Range"