Location: North Springs Shooting Range – 5245 S 8000 W, Price, UT 84501
Date: Saturday November 25th, 2017
Start Times: Gates opens at 7:30 am.
- 1500 Yard Challenge: Check-In & Mandatory Safety Meeting at 8:30 am at the Barnes Shed.
- 1000 Yard Only: Check-In & Mandatory Safety Meeting following the 1500 yard event. Tentatively between 1-2 pm in the main office classroom. Lunch will be available starting at 12:30 pm for those waiting for the 1000 yard challenge.
To register you must…
- Add this item to your CART & CHECKOUT.
- After Checkout you will be prompted to DOWNLOAD the Registration Sheet & Liability Waiver. You’ll also be emailed a link to print later.
- **ALL SHOOTERS MUST PRINT….FILL OUT COMPLETELY… AND TURN IN BOTH COMPLETED DOCUMENTS TO LRSU STAFF BEFORE THE EVENT BEGINS. **Extras may not be available at the event so be sure you bring a completed form for you and your party. Both are available anytime under “files” on the LRSU Facebook group.
- Range Check-In: Arrive early to check in at the main office. ALL SHOOTERS MUST…Sign In…Pay the $10 Range Fee…and SIGN a North Springs liability waiver. No Exceptions. **Non-Shooting Spectators are FREE but must sign a waiver.
- Zeroing: If you need to check your zero you can do so at the 100 yard range located behind the main office and slightly down hill to the East.
- Event Check-In: Attend Mandatory Safety Meeting & Turn in LRSU Registration & Waiver.
Course of Fire:
1500 Yard Filmed Event:
- Shooters will be grouped into pre-set flights of 4 shooters that be on the firing line together. Shooter #1 will engage with 10 rounds or until they hit their jug, followed by Shooter #2 and so on. Once Shooter #4 has completed their first 10 shot attempt, Shooter #1 and he/she will begin their second 10 shot attempts and so on until all shooters have either hit their jug or completed two 10 shot strings. We aim to have each shooter get 2 attempts but only as time allows.
- Weather: Shooters should come prepared to shoot rain or shine, cold or hot, windy or calm. If conditions are extreme or dangerous enough to force LRSU staff to end the event early shooters that did not get to shoot at all may be granted a refund at the discretion of LRSU.
- The range will be called cold between flight and periodically as need requires for cameras and targets to be moved/replaced. NO ONE WILL TOUCH A FIREARM WHILE THE RANGE IS COLD AND PERSONNEL ARE DOWN RANGE!
1000 Yard Event:
- This challenge will not be filmed.
- Shooters will pair up in shooters/spotter teams of two. While one person shoots their first attempt the other will act as a spotter and visa versa until both shooters have completed two attempts or hit their jug.
- All suspected hit must be verified by LRSU staff upon which a photo will be taken with Bryce and the shooter will receive their decal.
- Successful 1000 Yard Shooters will receive their MJC decal and their name & photo will be listed on the MJC Roster at www.longrangeshootersofutah.com
- The 1500 yard challenge has been generously sponsored by Krieger Barrels & Huber Trigger. The first five successful shooter will receive a $100 certificate from Krieger Barrels and the next five will receive a $75 certificate from Huber Triggers. All successful shooters will receive their MJC decal, a video of their challenge posted to YouTube and their name listed on the MJC Roster.